NHSA & DEDICATED STATUS
1. As a SAPS Accredited Association, NHSA may by Law award Dedicated Hunter as well as Dedicated Sports-Person Status to its members (members may at any time enrol for the course(s)).
2. NHSA`s Dedicated Award Scheme has been approved by SAPS - Hunting (2005) and Sport Shooting (2008) - and therefore conforms with the legal requirements as set out in the Firearms Control Act (2000) and it`s Regulations (2004).
3. Because dedicated status in effect gives members who successfully complete the course the legal right to own more than four firearms, and/or semi-auto shotguns and/or semi-auto rifles/carbines, NHSA is legally required to ascertain that the process of awarding the status is untouchable and is verifiably compliant with the stipulations of the FCA (Act 60 of 2000 as amended) and its Regulations (2004 as amended).
REQUIREMENTS TO ENROL FOR COURSE(S)
4. Applicant must be a fully paid-up member of the NHSA, must be a member in good standing (no disciplinary actions pending), and indicate written adherence to the Association`s Code of Conduct at enrolment for the dedicated course (done when joining NHSA and confirming contact details).
5. Applicant must be 16 years of age. In the event of special merit, an exemption may be granted if sufficient evidence of high level provincial, national or international sport shooting participation can be furnished. If, however, a parent asks, we are prepared to assist from age 14, but only in respect of sport shooting.
6. Applicant must not be unfit to possess a firearm in terms of the provisions of the Firearms Control Act (60 of 2000). Please read our Policy in this regard HERE
DEDICATED STATUS COURSES - THE PROCESS
7. Members may at anytime enrol for the dedicated hunter or dedicated sports-person courses after they have joined the association as occasional hunter and/or sports-person.
8. Members apply to enrol for the dedicated course(s) of the member's choice on the member's Personal Natshoot Member Portal at the blue icon; Dedicated Status - follow the instructions on the screen.
9. The once-off payment for the course the member enrols for is determined by the type of study material selected (Printed Handbook or Electronic download) - Note that the electronic download is done on to the member's computer and can only be read on the computer (it cannot be copied or printed) (the downloadable version is print and copy-protected). The cost for the course(s) is a once-off additional payment and includes course fees, all administration fees, courier of study material (if applicable), evaluation and certification.
TO ACHIEVE DEDICATED STATUS WITH NHSA ONE NEEDS TO COMPLETE -3- STEPS:
Step 1 - Complete the Theoretical Evaluation
Step 2 - Complete the Practical Evaluation
Step 3 - Apply to be Awarded Dedicated Status (your status will be updated within 48 hours once you’ve submitted this application).
ISSUE OF DEDICATED STATUS CERTIFICATE(S)
Once all of the above steps have been completed correctly, the candidate’s certificate(s) are generated and posted on his/her Personal Natshoot Member Portal under Documents (Certificates), where the certificate can be downloaded anytime the member would need same.