APPLY TO BE AWARDED DEDICATED STATUS BY WAY OF RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
One of the corner stones of learner and certification systems worldwide is that prior learning and embedded expertise are formally recognised. This is dependant on documentary evidence of prior learning claimed, because of liabilities associated with the legal right to award dedicated hunter or sport-person certification as NHSA is legally authorised to award.
NHSA will consider awarding dedicated status on grounds of RPL in the following instances:
1. Submission of documentary proof of Bona fide Hunter and or Sport-shooter Certificate issued by the SAPS in terms of the former Arms and Ammunition Act of 1969;
2. Submission of documentary proof of the successful completion of the CHASA Hunters Proficiency Test only if practical shooting test has been completed (for dedicated hunter status only);
3. Submission of documentary proof of Professional Hunter`s qualification certificate issued by an officially recognised PH training organisation or any Provincial Authority in South Africa (for dedicated hunter status only) (Provincial registration as PH is not acceptable on its own as it does not constitute proof of training in itself);
4. Submission of documentary proof of current and valid Dedicated Hunter certificate as issued by SA Wingshooters, CHASA, or any other hunting association which is accredited with the SAPS as hunting association (so-called Section 16 Letters with signature of Commissioner of Oaths affixed compulsory here);
5. Submission of documentary proof of an European Hunters’ Licence or Certificate issued by a relevant EU government agency, e.g. German Jagdschein or French Hunter`s Licence for dedicated hunter qualification;
6. Submission of documentary proof of not older than 12 months and valid Dedicated Sports-Person certificate (Section 16 letter) issued by any of the accredited sport-shooting associations, or an equivalent international qualification.
NOTE: Only SA Hunters` and CHASA's Dedicated Sports-Person Certificates (Section 16 letters) will be accepted if the certificate is not dated in at least the preceding year the application for RPL is made in.
A dedicated sport-person certificate from any other accredited sport-shooting association, which is valid for the 12 months prior to application, will be considered for awarding dedicated status on grounds of RPL.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DEDICATED STATUS ON GROUNDS OF RPL
Go to your Natshoot Member Portal (Login on website home page)
Click on the Blue Dedicated Status Button
Click on Recognition of Prior Learning
Fill out all fields on screen, make payment, and submit your application