PRACTICAL EVALUATION FOR DEDICATED STATUS COURSE
1. The practical evaluation to attain dedicated status consists of shooting one target to attain Dedicated Hunter Status (score 60%) OR shooting one target to attain Dedicated Sport-person status (score 60%).
2. If you do the Dedicated Hunter & Sport-Person Course, you must shoot one target for Dedicated Hunter and one target for Dedicated Sport-Person (score 60% for each target).
3. You may shoot on any publicly recognised shooting range.
4. See our list of NHSA Friendly Shooting Ranges where you are welcome to go and shoot (it is not compulsory that you shoot only on the ranges on this list)
5. If you do not have access to a public shooting range but you have access to a private shooting range, i.e. a range on a farm, follow this procedure to request permission to shoot there please.
Use ONLY the exercises and targets you can download from the links on you Natshoot Member Portal at the Dedicated Status button - see example Here
a. Air Pistols and Rifles, and Black Powder Handguns or Rifles are not accepted for practical for the dedicated status courses.
b. You may use a Semi-Auto Rifle/Carbine but in the single fire mode only on the targets you can download as indicated below
c. You may use a lever action rifle but only on the targets you can download as indicated below.
d. The candidate may only shoot the required Target(s) in accordance with the exercise rules printed on the specific Target
e. If you do not yet own a firearm you may use a firearm of a parent, a friend, or hire one from the shooting range (Air pistols & Rifles may unfortunately not be used).
f. Original Dedicated Practical Targets shot as practical for all dedicated courses must be kept by the candidate for at least six months after date of being shot for purposes of verification by the office if the need should arise.
g. If original targets are not kept in this manner, and verification cannot be done because the original targets have been lost or thrown away, the candidate will have to re-do the practical section(s) of the dedicated course(s) s/he had enrolled for.
Do not miss this last step in being awarded dedicated status !
Once the candidate has successfully completed the theoretical and practical sections of the relevant dedicated status course(s), the candidate will be notified by Email that s/he may officially download his/her dedicated certificates from his/her Personal Natshoot Member Portal under Documents.
All queries regarding the practical for dedicated status courses, must please be sent to [email protected] or call 087 945 3355 (option 3).